Thursday, November 11, 2004

Blogging Power

For the third time, I am trying out yet another RSS feed reader (this time round it is Feed Demon) and I began my third round collecting recuring website URLs on the net (should have kept a list). Everytime I do this, I will return to this blog to begin my search. And the postings by their marketing recruiter never failed to amaze me - how did she find the time to write such stuff?

Anyway, dropped her a mail and I thought it will be nice to share it here, too.

<--- Start of Email --->


Hello there!

Great blog. Though I return infrequently, I always find your writings a joy to read, not to mention very informative.

I come from a recruiting organization in Singapore. The competition is very stiff - however, I find that there are little differentiating factors from one agency to the next. The power is always in the hands of the employer, sometimes of the candidates, and very, very rarely in the control of recruiter.

And I am surprised at how remarkably laid back on Singapore's recruiters on viewing their marketing function as strategic! Perhaps it was their mentality that business = money. More marketing = less money = bad business.

Coming from an engineering background, I guess I have little pre-conditioning on what recruiting is like, and I gained much knowledge from wide reading and surfing (such as reading blogs like yours). And I think it will take a LONG time before recruitment marketing in Singapore will ever reach the maturity in the west. Though we do have agencies like TMP and Marketing magazine here, the "recruitment marketing" function is virtually not existent.

And so here's my chance to make a mark. Been playing around with lots of idea, and with limited resources, I was able to come up with a few "first" that resonated quite well with clients and candidates.

And now I hopped on to the blogging bandwagon. Amateurish as it seems to be, I guess it is a start.

Just want you to know that, hey, your blog is a great inspiration to newbies like me. Thanks for sharing so much!

<--- End of Email --->


Now you know the reason for this blog.


4 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so nice...glad you enjoy my blog!

Heather Hamilton | Senior Marketing Recruiter
Microsoft Corporation | 425.706.2312
heathham@microsoft.com | http://weblogs.asp.net/heatherleigh

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Still don't really understand how this works. *puzzled*
So this is an alternative channel for recruitment?

-Eugene

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Razlan said...

Hi Eugene,

I wouldn't say this is an alternative to recruitment channels. Recruiters will still need to go through the "traditional" way of getting to the candidates they want. Blogging will be a "supplement" to recruiting. Through blogging, recruiters can interact with their candidates on a more informal basis.

Blogs are leverage on the power of RSS. For RSS users, career and jobs do *actually* comes to their desktops!

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Sounds really interesting.

haha..Guess Im ignorant, but what does RSS mean? This is sooo... interesting. Especially that MS example.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home